I love meatloaf and it is such a quick, easy meal to prepare. Growing up, meatloaf was my favorite food! My little eyes would light up when my mom told me meatloaf was for dinner. When I grew older and wanted to make it for my family, I just could not find a good recipe. Finally, I decided to try my own recipe and it turned out to be a big hit! My family loves this meatloaf and I hope yours does too!
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
2 pounds of ground beef or ground turkey
1 teaspoon Lawry’s season salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 large onion chopped
1/2 large green bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Once well blended, add to loaf pan and shape into a loaf (you can use any pan you have)
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 more minutes.
- Check for doneness. Should be cooked through and still very moist.
Best served with mashed potatoes and vegetable of your choice. My family loves it topped with our favorite mushroom gravy!